Sunday, April 05, 2009

Some New Loves and a Plan

The Loves

As of late I have some new Internet loves. I'm not talking people, here. I'm talking Internet sites. Recently, I found a couple of sites that I think are pretty dadgum fantastic, so I thought I'd share them with my readers. Um, so I thought I'd share them with Greta, my reader. :)

So, here we go!

Okay, first of all, I love a good piece of introspective writing. I love it even more if the writer is contemplating life and death and all of those sorts of mysteries. I guess I just like to see how people confront those things that we all must, how they wrap their minds around all that is so difficult to understand. The other day I found Cases. It's a section of the New York TImes online, and it is absolutely amazing. I guess I should say that not all of the articles deal with life and death, but they are all related to the goings-on in the medical profession, and, as such, they all revolve around the more major decisions that people are faced with. Some of those are, in fact, issues of life and death. In any case, I could get sucked into reading quite a few of these at one sitting, and I just might have. :)

Second up. This one's a little weird. But, that's part of it's charm. Also part of it's charm? The fact that it's a blog. About food. A blog about food. What could be better? So what Am I talking about? Eat Like Me. It's a blog written by a dietician, and she talks about what she eats throughout the day. She also takes pictures of her meals. Weird, right? Perhaps I should have prefaced this by saying that I'm on a bit of a health food kick lately. But, I really like this blog because it shows what eating healthy can look like for a real live person who lives a busy life. It's doable and even yummy looking. Trust me, the blog is pretty fun, and it can give you all sorts of good ideas for satisfying snacks and energy-upping meals.

Okay, not all of my new loves are confined to this here series of tubes. Some are in real life. Not too long ago, a new store opened up in town, and it is definitely one of my new loves. Village Foods is just about my favorite thing to come along in quite some time. It's kind of like a Whole Foods, but it's just a new local store. Small and friendly, Village Foods makes me want to shop for groceries and is quickly becoming the only store I'll go to. The benefit of this is that I'm eating healthier than I probably ever have, and I am truly loving it. Have I given up diet sodas? Not a chance, but I am making an effort to go organic and to support a local business. Oh, and Katy's little guy absolutely loves Village Foods!

The Plan

My plan for tomorrow? Baseball! Tomorrow, I'll be heading to Houston for the season opener at Minute Maid Park. I am really excited about it, though today I started to get a little cold which threatened to derail my excitement. Never fear, people. My excitement lives, and tomorrow I plan to be at Minute Maid, watching the Cubs beat the Astros!

Okay, that's a look at what's going on right now!

I love you all!

Sara

2 comments:

katy said...

Today's trip to the Village Foods was a hit! Except that a wheel on the "blue truck" cart was broken, so John had to ride in the police car. And by "ride" I mean he sits on the door and rests his elbows on the top of the car. I worry that if another kids comes by in the firetruck then John is gonna pull the move from "Footloose" and try to straddle the two cars. Did I just give away my age with a reference to Footloose? You can laught all you want, but I know you love you some Kenny Loggins! Kick off your Sunday shoes and enjoy the baseball game... especially the 7th inning stretch ;)

sara said...

I don't know if you know this or not, but they call it the 7th inning stretch because you're supposed to stretch then, not because the 7th inning is longer than the other ones...because it's actually not. :)

I would die laugh if John pulled a Footloose! You know he wants to, and if you let him eat all the leftover cupcakes, I bet he'd do it. He'd certainly have enough energy to give it a go! I do heart me some Kenny Loggins!