Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Catching Up!

Things have been really hectic and hurried since my return from Spring Break, but I do hate to let the old blog go unwritten upon. So, I thought I'd give a little list of some things that have been going on in my life. Here we go, peeps!

1. Since our trip, there has been overwhelming interest in the work that's going on in El Salvador. This is amazing to see. Most amazing (and exciting and thrilling and whatever else) is that some of the people who just got back from El Salvador want to go back this summer. To stay. To work. To get land cleared. This will be such a blessing for the building that needs to go on there. I am so anxious (in a really good way) to see how the summer plans work out and to see how much work can get done over the summer. And, it looks like I'll be heading to El Salvador a couple of times this summer. Awesome!

2. I had a bit of a breakthrough on the old dissertation front. I mean, "breakthrough" is kind of funny word to use. Perhaps, it's more appropriate to say, "Hey, I had a cool idea about what to write on. I'm really excited about it, and I think it's going to turn out well." I've found some previous research on my topic, but it doesn't look like it's a topic that's been overdone. Not sure yet how to frame it, but that will come. Oh, did I forget to mention what the topic is? :) All in good time!

3. There are two new little boys at the orphanage. They're brothers. Oh, folks, let me tell you. These two are the most amazingly sweet boys you could ever meet. And they are just beautiful. That's really the only way to describe them. Everything about them is beautiful. I was so happy to meet them. And the little brother sat on my lap for the whole bus ride to Cerro Verde. Oh, we had a field trip for the kids this trip. I will write more about this later, but I'll just say that it was great and that the kids loved it.

4. Teaching and tutoring are both going really well, though I am overwhelmed with work at the moment. At least I've learned that I somewhat like being busy!

5. Last night I went to dinner at Katy And Joe's. When I left, John insisted on going out to check my car out. He told me that I had a flat tire, so he fixed it for me. He even kicked the tires to make sure they were okay. It was super cute!

Love you!

Sara

No comments: