Monday, April 21, 2008

At the Library

Two mornings a week, I work at the library on campus. I am not a morning person, but, over this semester, I've noticed that some people really are. In fact, there are some people who are library regulars in the morning. It's kind of nice to see some of the same people when I get to work, even if I've never actually met them.

One person who I look forward to seeing is someone I've nicknamed "Chicago Guy." It's not a very creative nickname, but that's what I started to call him (only to myself, not to his face which I honestly am not sure I've ever even seen because his back is to me when I walk in).

I started calling him that because he is always (and I mean always) wearing a Cubs jacket and a Bears cap. What a perfect salute to two great Chicago teams, right? I think it's great.

Well, today was a really nice, warm day, and when I walked into the library I was caught a little off guard because I didn't see a Cubs jacket. It made me a little sad to think that, with the coming of spring, I'd never see Chicago Guy in his full Chicago gear. But then a spotted it. A Cubs jersey, Soriano specifically, and the Bears cap. I had to smile to see Chicago Guy in his spring uniform.

Thank you, Chicago Guy (whoever you are), for loving your teams and for making me smile.

No comments: