Friday, October 19, 2007

Race in Miami

This blog comes to you from the beautiful and humid city of Miami. That's right. I am currently in Miami, wearing a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. It's perfect. Perhaps I'll put on a swimsuit and go do some laps in a little while.

Truthfully, I probably won't go for a swim. I just wanted to add that for those of you who are living in cooler temperatures and can't go out and swim laps. I know it's wrong to make people envious, but sometimes it's just too fun!

Anyways, I flew in last night and met up with my mom at the airport. We came to Miami to surprise my aunt, and I think we did a pretty good job. In truth, I think she was most surprised by the fact that we'll be joining her in running a 5K tomorrow. It'll be a sad sight to see, but we will be running!

So, in honor of our run, I think 2 Timothy 4:7-8 is appropriate to keep in mind,

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing."

Really, I'm not looking for a crown at the end of this race. I got a t-shirt, and I'm pretty content with that. I just hope my mom isn't hauled off in an ambulance. Pray for us! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really think you should update this, and let your faithful readers, particularly Greta, know that your mom did not have to be hauled off in an ambulance, thank you very much! She is still alive and well and living strong in Texas, after finishing the race, completely vertical and with the rubber side (shoe soles) down. AMH