Thursday, September 27, 2007

Blessed

I started writing a blog, and then I just stopped. Nothing was really making sense, and the writing was pretty lame, really. It just wasn't a good effort.

So then I started playing Dolphin Olympics 2 for a little bit. In case you don't know, Dolphin Olympics 1 and 2 are just about the best games you can play on your computer.

Anyways, as I was playing, I was thinking about writing. I think that one major worry for writers is that they'll reach a point when there's nothing else to write about or that they'll reach a point where they feel so at ease that they don't feel inspired. Lately, I've been writing a lot about God, and I'd begun to wonder if, when I reached a point where I felt like I knew Him more, I'd run out of things to write about.

I mean, that would make sense, right? Eventually, I'd just feel like there wasn't a whole lot left to write about because I'd just feel too comfy to write.

But the thing is, even in that comfiness, there are things to think about, things to write about. I started thinking about all the good things I see everyday, all the good people I meet. And, I just sat there (still playing Dolphin Olympics 2, best game ever) and felt really blessed. I thought about the ladies I'm about to see at Bible Study, and I felt blessed. I thought about the pastor I talked to the other day, and I felt blessed. I thought about the fact that I could run and not feel terrible yesterday, and I felt blessed.

So, I guess this is to say, we never run out of things to think about, things to be excited about. And we never, even as bad as things seem at times, run out of blessings.

No comments: