Thursday, January 01, 2009

Oh, the Break!

First, I must start by saying that I smell amazing, and my toes have never looked cuter. I'm not bragging because I have absolutely nothing to do with those things; they're only owing to a fantastic Christmas present of yummy smelling bath things and to my mom who treated me to a wonderful pedicure at this new place.

I wish I knew the name of the place because the people who work there are so very sweet and do such a great job. Seriously, this is the best pedicure I've ever had, and the price is really reasonable. I actually pretty much hate having pedicures, and I almost never do it because it's too pricey and because I figure I can make my toes look pretty decent on my own. But, for the occasional splurge, I'd definitely go back to this place.

I guess all of that silliness is to say that my Christmas break has been pretty nice (and, currently, nice smelling). There have been fun things to do, family to see, cookies and assorted treats to bake, and an all-around good time to be had. I especially loved the annual family sing along, even if we didn't get to sing all the verses of my favorite songs. :)

Nevertheless, it was a great time, and I'm looking forward to the rest of my break and to seeing just how long I stick to my resolutions. There's this pesky one about being organized and creating some sort of schedule. Um, feel free to take bets on that one. Odds are against me, but I'm going to prove the odds makers all wrong.

Love,

Sara

PS: I've been listening to Emiliana Torrini a bit lately. She has, perhaps, the sweetest voice ever, and, though I haven't listened to a ton of her stuff, I'd recommend checking her out.

No comments: