Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Greta

I am exhausted. I'm looking forward to finishing up my work and settling into my nice, cozy bed.

Today was a rough day.

It all started yesterday. Well, it really all started last night. For some reason, Greta started coughing last night. It wasn't just a little cough; it was a really deep cough. She would sleep and then wake up and cough. I hoped she'd be better by this morning, but she wasn't. The cough was still there, so we went to the doctor.

Well, the doctor (who was just incredibly sweet) took a look at Greta and couldn't really find anything the matter. But, she wanted to do X-rays to get a better idea of what was going on in little Greta. And then she said it. A cough like Greta has can be a sign of some really bad stuff.

Pneumonia, heart problems, Cancer.

Yeah, that last one really shook me up. I had to leave Greta there for the X-rays, and then I had to go to work. As I drove out of the parking lot, I just started crying. When I got to work (all cleaned up and not looking teary-eyed), I told my co-workers that Greta had to go to the doctor. One said that her dog had a similar cough and that it turned out to be Cancer.

Ugh. Tired, sad, grumpy, and still 5 hours of work to go!

Fortunately, this story has a happy ending. Greta is fine. She sleeping right next to me as I type this. She's a sweetie. And I'm so grateful that she's healthy. Now I need a good night's sleep! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are all relieved. Answered prayer. God created some pretty awesome creatures. Greta's one of them.

Lis said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad she's okay! Poor Greta. Did they give her doggie lozenges?

sara said...

Oh, thank you both so much! Of course, after her doctor visit and X-rays and all Greta is just fine. No problems. Lis, they didn't give her lozenges, but they gave her some doggie cough suppressants. She hasn't even needed them! Thanks for the kind words! :)