Sunday, January 18, 2009

Journeys

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about spiritual journeys. I guess I'm always amazed at the paths that people take (or find themselves on) in their quests to find and know God.

But, I find myself even more amazed at the ways in which God meets people on their paths, the ways in which He provides for each of us who seek Him.

It's feels as if, along the path, God has always been there. And, when I look back on my path so far, I think of God saying to me,

"That feeling of emptiness, that sense of longing, that bit of sadness and ever-present wonder if there is something bigger than all of this? The feeling that you didn't even know what you were looking for? You were looking for Me."

And, then I just smile, grateful for a God who loves me enough to be that constant presence, calling me to Him.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Thanks! Very nice.