Tuesday, February 05, 2008

It's been a few days...

Well, it's been a bit since I last posted, and I didn't want anyone to worry that I'd been trapped under snow or lost my way in the terribly thick, gray fog that settled over the cornfields yesterday. In truth, I very nearly got lost in the fog. But so did everyone else.

I also wanted to write today because I won't be writing for a few days. On Thursday, I'm heading to El Salvador to visit the orphanage that my parents work with. Don't worry though. I'm not moving to El Salvador, just visiting for a few days. I'm really looking forward to it because I've never been there before, and I'm also looking forward to it because it's really hot there.

Also, unrelated to weather but related to things that are happening in my life, I started volunteering at the pregnancy center. Obviously, I won't be saying a whole lot about my work there, but I can tell you that the women who work there are really wonderful. They are funny and warm and just really sweet. Also, they had cake. And, well, if you know me at all, you know how I feel about cake. I absolutely love it. One of the other volunteers is taking a cake decorating class, so I'm hoping there might be more cake to come...not that that's why I'm volunteering!

Well, that's the important news for now! In other news, I've been reading through Psalms lately. I don't have any real method to it; I usually just pick one or two or more and then read. Starting in March, I'm going to take part in a Bible Study that focuses on Psalms. Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself by doing so much reading before the study starts, but the Psalms are so comforting and encouraging.

Here's something I found that you might love:

Psalm 91: 14-16

14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

See how wonderful it is? How encouraging, comforting, loving? Well, that's why I'm reading them. They're good on these gray and foggy days. And, I think they'd be good even for those of you who are blessed with blue skies and warm weather.

Now, I will go pray extra hard that I don't fall into the sin of coveting your warm and beautiful weather. ;)

No comments: