Saturday, December 22, 2007

Road Trip!

Dear Friends or whoever else is reading this,

Well, I finally finished grading, packing, and some (not enough) cleaning. What to do after accomplishing all of that?

Drive 956 miles. With a small dog. Who insists on sitting in my lap. The whole time.

That's right. I just made the long haul to Texas, and Greta and I are still on speaking terms. However, I did realize that my dog needs a serious bath, and I do feel bad about giving Greta the silent treatment during the Arkansas leg of the trip.

Okay, I'm totally joking about that. Too much time in the car leads to really bad jokes.

The trip took about 16 hours, and I only stopped twice along the way--once in Missouri and once in Arkansas. Both stops are worthy of a short story, particularly the Arkansas stop. But, that's pretty much it. I'm back in Texas, and I've already been listening to country music.

Again, I'm not really full of surprises...Like, tomorrow, I'm sure I'll go get Mexican food. Shocking, right? :)

Anyways, here's hoping for safe journeys to anyone else who's traveling.

Love,

Me

No comments: