Thursday, July 02, 2009

Poppy Birthday to Me

Well, yesterday was my birthday. I won't say how old I am. I'm still a little in denial. Only kidding. I'm 31. Not too bad, really.

Anyways, this year I decided to start a tradition. Poppy Birthday.

I know it sounds odd. Let me explain. I'm basing the tradition on my grandfather, Poppy. Every year on his birthday he would give us presents. I always liked that. So, I thought that starting this year I would attempt to bring some of that spirit to my own birthday, trying to bring some happiness to other people instead of just focusing on myself. And, as maybe a way of thanking God for this gift of life.

I liked it. And now I plan on making every birthday a Poppy Birthday.

Love love,

Sara (aka, George) ;)

2 comments:

SHIP said...

I know Poppy would be proud. I am, too.
Mom

Kristi said...

What a fun idea!