Friday, May 15, 2009

I thought I'd share something beautiful...



Inspired by this amazing picture that Erin, one of the girls who went to El Salvador this Spring Break, made and brought to dinner last night, I thought I'd make a gallery poster of it. The quality of the image isn't the greatest (I'm still sort of learning how to convert files), but isn't her picture beautiful? It just captures the whole experience of going to El Salvador.

The text below it is:

About the Picture This artwork was created by Erin Cleveland, a member of our 2009 Spring Break SHIP Trip team. In her own words “when I can't express my love in words, it usually ends up on a canvas.” This work shows the children of the San Salvador orphanage and the members of our team, all pieces of one fragmented heart, all members of one living, breathing body of Christ, all children of the same God, each one worthy of love regardless of country, ability, or circumstance, The Psalmist writes that God “heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds.” We’ve seen that happen. We’ve seen the smile on a child who was abandoned but has found a home. We’ve seen the light in his eyes when he realizes that he matters. We’ve seen the joy on her face when someone reads her a story. And we know God is good.

I'll be going back to El Salvador in just a couple of weeks, and this picture makes me miss my kids. It also makes me want to work even harder to build them a new home. If anyone is interested in getting involved or wants to learn more about what you can do to help these wonderful children, send me and email! You can also check us out on-line. The website is going through a few beautifications right now, but there's some good information about the work we do. And, if you happen to be in the Bryan, Texas, area during the weekend of June 20, we'll have a booth at the Texas Reds Festival. Come by and learn more about us!

Love,

Sara

4 comments:

Rakesh said...

I really like the way you created the picture.

sara said...

Thank you! All I really did was format it and do the writing parts. My friend Erin is the real artist! :)

Unknown said...

This is really beautiful - and when you put the words and the pictures together it's so powerful too. Makes me really want to go with you. I can't right now, but I do want to go sometime in the future. Do you need help at the booth during the festival? I'd love to learn more about this and get involved. Let me know.

sara said...

I'm calling you later today, lady! We can definitely use your help. And Texas Reds (as you well know) is just tons of fun. :)