Sunday, May 11, 2008

Today

Today is Mother's Day. So, I'd like to take this opportunity to say "Happy Mother's Day" to my mom.

Thank you for being my mom and for putting up with me for this long. Thank you for all your prayers, for never bothering me about being religious but for, instead, trusting in God that someday I would understand. Thank you for not insisting that I choose a practical major in college. Thank you for being there when I need to talk.

All of those things are amazing. But I refuse to thank you for always copying me. So, no thank you for getting matching purses, sunglasses, lipstick colors, jeans, and shoes with me. Seriously, lady, I know I'm fashionable, but we've got to stop dressing alike. :)

But, anyways, happy Mother's Day. I love you.

Love,

Sara Anna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, but I believe it was I who found the Pink Goddess lipstick. And, if I'm not mistaken, it was I who first bought the Coach travel purse, not you. About the rest of the stuff, yeah, you probably did get those things first, but you must have inherited my great taste! Besides, you inspire me to dress better; in fact, you kind of INSIST that I dress better.

I love being your mom. God has blessed me with the greatest gift (please don't get a big head over this), and I have enjoyed every minute of being your mother. You have become a really Godly woman--all I could have ever wanted in a daughter. I am proud of you. And I do love you!

Blessings and love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh, and who said that your major was impractical? It's a perfectly good major. It just doesn't pay much!
Mom