Monday, February 12, 2007

Sometimes Happy Tunes are Just Good!

I consider myself pretty much the queen of the guilty pleasure. I think I've seen all of VH1's "I Love The" series, and I may have seen one or more episodes of "Flavor of Love." Foodwise, I have been known to partake in that oh-so-nasty combo of plastic orange cheese and noodles known as Velveeta Shells and Cheese, and the burrito is my all-time favorite food, tied only with a giant sundae from Shake's (specifically--vanilla custard, hot fudge, salted pecans, three cherries on top). And if you heard the rumor that I nearly reduced a Shake's employee to tears just before I moved to the great North, this might also be true. Okay, in truth, there were no tears; there was, however, a free giant chocolate malt on account of their being out of the beloved pecans and my eminent move.

Now that I've set the stage, it should come as no surprise that my love of the guilty pleasure extends to the world of music. I'm guilty of the occasional dance to Culture Club as well as singing along to some Gwen (B-A-N-A-N-A-S, embarrassingly enough). But, lately, I've started to hugely love Corinne Bailey Rae's "Put Your Records On" and Feist's "Mushaboom." Both songs are infinitely infectious and make me almost burst with smiling whenever I hear them. So, I highly recommend giving these songs a go. Listen and Love!

No comments: