Thursday, March 01, 2007

Product Review! Fun with Burt's Bees

I have been a long-time fan of Burt's Bees, ever since I first tried a lovely pot of their lip balm, purchased at a Restoration Hardware. Instantly, it's fabulous tingliness worked its way into my heart, and I vowed to love Burt's Bees till death do us part. Okay, it might not be that big a commitment on my part, but I do love their stuff.

Unfortunately, I am not a super fan of their Honey Lip Balm. I spotted it a few months ago and thought, "I love Burt's Bees, and I love honey. With those two things together, this lip balm should be unstoppably good. Post-purhase, I smeared a little on, but there wasn't that familiar tingle, and the smell was a little weird. I'm not completely sure why, but this stuff just doesn't float my boat.

However, I would be remiss if I were not to mention how great their Therapeutic Bath crystals are. They are perfect after you've worked out or if you just feel run down (or over) in general. I'll also give a big shout out to their Citrus & Ginger Root Body Wash. It's great as a body wash, but it also makes a nice bubble bath, and the smell is really lovely! So, go out and get either of these; light a few candles; and settle in for a wonderful, hot bath!

3 comments:

Lis said...

Justin and I hate the honey lipbalm too! In fact, last time he was here I think he tried to pawn it off on me. It's actually pretty gross and doesn't apply well. Kind of like smearing your lips with a honeycomb, but doesn't taste as good.

sara said...

You're right! Perfect description! It's just not good. Justin told me he hated it, and I can't believe he tried to give it to you!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.